Florence Scovel Shinn’s The Game of Life and How to Play it, came into my life exactly at the right time. I hope you find it as reassuring as I did.
Florence Scovel Shinn is a well-known metaphysical writer. Her books and teachings are making a big come back and I feel like I should be spreading the message too. The past few weeks I have been so out of touch with myself and my spiritual practices as one thing after the other was going wrong. A few days ago I woke up and just prayed to God to bring me some peace and healing and show me the way. Within an hour I got Florence Scovel Shinn’s audiobook recommendation on YouTube. It was exactly what my soul needed to hear to get back into alignment with my highest good.
Here I am sharing some of the points that tuned me into better thinking patterns and some affirmations that have become a part of my life. The intention of this post is to help you in your deep healing and guide you for easier manifestations.
A few lines from The Game of Life and How to Play it ‘Florence Scovel Shinn taught that life is a game and in order to play it well, one must learn to understand the universal laws that govern it. She showed her students and readers how to win health, prosperity and happiness by mastering the game.’
Pearls of Wisdom
- Man has ever a silent listener at his side – his subconscious mind.
- Man must prepare for the thing he has asked for when there isn’t the slightest sign of it in sight. This is the Law of Expectation.
- Man can only receive what he sees himself receiving
- Through his spoken word, man is continually making laws for himself
- If one is willing to do a thing he is afraid to do, he does not have to. It is the law of nonresistance, which is so little understood. Someone has said that courage contains genius and magic. Face a situation fearlessly, and there is no situation to face; it falls away of its own weight.
- Owing to the vibratory power of words, whatever man voices, he begins to attract.
- Man only dares use his words for three purposes, to “heal, bless or prosper.” What man says of others will be said of him, and what he wishes for another, he is wishing for himself.
- The metaphysician knows that all disease has a mental correspondence, and in order to heal the body one must first “heal the soul.”
- Unforgiveness is the most prolific cause of disease
- Resistance is Hell, for it places man in a “state of torment.”
- One’s ships come in over a calm sea.
- Man should bless the past, and forget it, if it keeps him in bondage, and bless the future, knowing it has in store for him endless joys, but live fully in the now.
- Man should always demand only that which is his by divine right.
- Active faith is the bridge, over which man passes to his Promised Land.
- Happy is the mother who can say sincerely, that she puts her child in God’s hands, and knows, therefore, that he is divinely protected.
- Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain, but simply points the way.
- As man becomes spiritually awakened he recognizes that any external inharmony is the correspondence of mental inharmony. If he stumbles or falls, he may know he is stumbling or falling in consciousness.
- The thing man seeks is seeking him.
- Poise is Power, for it gives God-Power a chance to rush through man, to “will and to do its good pleasure.”
- Anger blurs the visions, poisons the blood, is the root of many diseases, and causes wrong decision leading to failure.
- When man asks, believing, he must receive, for God creates His own channels!
- If one desires a home, friend, position or any other good thing, make the demand for the “divine selection.” For example: “Infinite Spirit, open the way for my right home, my right friend, my right position. I give thanks it now manifests under grace in a perfect way.”
- All power is given man (through right thinking) to bring his heaven upon his earth, and this is the goal of the “Game of Life.” The simple rules are fearless faith, nonresistance and love.
- Infinite Spirit, open the way for my great abundance. I am an irresistible magnet for all that belongs to me by divine right.
- Every man is a golden link in the chain of my good.
- Look with wonder at that which is before you.
- Infinite Spirit, don’t let me miss a trick.
- I have a wonderful work, in a wonderful way; I give wonderful service, for wonderful pay.
- I have a wonderful business, in a wonderful way, and I give wonderful service for wonderful pay.
- God is my unfailing supply, and large sums of money come to me quickly, under grace, in perfect ways
To reprogram the subconscious mind
Speak these words aloud, with power and conviction: “I now smash and demolish (by my spoken word) every untrue record in my subconscious mind. They shall return to the dust-heap of their native nothingness, for they came from my own vain imaginings. I now make my perfect records through the Christ within – The records of Health, Wealth, Love and perfect Self-Expression.” This is the square of life, The Game completed.
When there is, in him, no emotional response to an inharmonious situation, it fades away forever, from his pathway. “None of these things move me” is a wonderful affirmation.
I cast this burden on the Christ within, and go free.
As I am one with God, I am one with my good, for God is both the Giver and the Gift. I cannot separate the Giver from the gift.
For Right Conditions
Divine Love now dissolves and dissipates every wrong condition in my mind, body and affairs. Divine Love is the most powerful chemical in the universe, and dissolves everything which is not of itself! For Health Divine Love floods my consciousness with health, and every cell in my body is filled with light.
“Thy will be done this day! Today is a day of completion, I give thanks for this perfect day, miracle shall follow miracle and wonders shall never cease.”
Infinite Spirit, reveal to me the way, let me know if there is anything for me to do.
I am divinely sensitive to my intuitive leads and give instant obedience to Thy will.
For making the right decision
I am always under direct inspiration; I make right decisions, quickly.
For Divine Design –Life Purpose
Infinite Spirit, open the way for the Divine Design of my life to manifest; let the genius within me now be released; let me see clearly the perfect plan.
I am fully equipped for the Divine Plan of my life.
I am one with Infinite Intelligence. I know everything I should know on this subject.
For Freedom from all Bondage
I cast this burden on the Christ within, and I go free!
For Right Work
I have a perfect work
In a perfect way;
I give a perfect service
For perfect pay.
How to Incorporate this Knowledge and affirmations into your life?
- Print and stick the images on your living space.
- Say the affirmations that resonate with you out loud in the mornings and evenings.
- Use them during your journaling practice
- Incorporate the affirmations into your meditation practice
- Charge your water with these affirmations
- Pin this article and images to your Pinterest board
- Use the images as your screen saver
- Share the work of Florence Scovel Shinn with family and loved ones