Comes along with Shawarma plates, garnishes rice and helps with garlic breathe. That’s all I knew about the mighty parsley until last month.
Now, since I know a lot more about the healing benefits of this not so respected leaf, I recommend you including it into your diet owing to the following reasons:
- Significant source of Vitamin K, A, C and B
- Has copper, folate and calcium
- Contains manganese, phosphorus and zinc
- Good source of Antioxidants
- Maintains good heart health
- Shields body from Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Supports healthier kidney function
- Increases immunity
Certain days I add it to our green smoothie.
Certain days we drink it up as a tea.
Next time you get parsley garnished meal, eat it up knowing how good it is for your health.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. The information provided here is based on personal experience and hence, please check with your doctor before you make any dietary changes